Sunday, August 19, 2018

Logan 6 Months

Logan,

My little sugar plum, how are you already 6 months old?! I feel like it was just yesterday we were rushing to the hospital in disbelief at how fast you were making your appearance into the world.  At your 6 month check up you weighed 17.3 pounds (50th percentile) and were 27.5 inches long (85th percentile).  You’re a solid baby and even though you’re in the 50th percentile for weight, you feel so much heavier.  Your check up went well and you handled your shots amazingly.  You have an ultrasound for your kidneys, appointment with your urologist and nephrologist coming up and I’ll include those details in your 7 month update.  

Your sweet personality is coming out more and more each day.  You are an easy baby, but also quite opinionated and if it’s possible at this age, stubborn.  You have the sweetest smile and are so expressive.  When you smile, your whole face lights up. You absolutely adore your big brother and still think he’s hilarious.  He’s pretty fond of you too and is always kissing you and telling you he loves you.  You’ve become much more “talkative” this month and love blowing raspberries.  You’re also quite ticklish on your feet and the sides of your belly. 

This month has been an exciting one. You’ve finally mastered rolling over from back to belly but are struggling to remember how to go from belly to back.  You start to fuss when you can’t figure it out and we have to roll you onto your back.  You went to the beach for the first time this month and got to put your feet in the sand and water.  You didn’t mind it at all.  You met your Great Uncle Pat who lives in Utah and we hope we get to see him again soon before you get too big.  

I had an overnight trip planned to Las Vegas to celebrate cousin Catherine’s 21st birthday this month and Nama Desiree planned to watch you for me while dad went to work.  Earlier in the week we made sure you would take a bottle of pumped breast milk and you did! No problem at all.  The day I left, I was quite anxious and really didn’t want to leave you.  You must have picked up on my anxiousness because you refused the bottle and didn’t eat for nearly 10 hours.  However, you seemed okay and only cried when Nama or dad offered you the bottle. I was a mess and decided to leave Las Vegas after being there for only 2 hours to come home and nurse you.  Your dad and I were concerned about your hydration and your kidney though, so your dad ended up leaving work early to come home.  He loaded you up in the truck and met me in Barstow so I could feed you sooner.  

The week after that, your sleep got really rough.  You were waking up 6-7 times at night and I was exhausted.  After a week or so of that, you started sleeping better and are only waking up about 3 times at night.  On average, you’re taking 2 naps a day but will take more if we’re in the car.  

You’re nursing about every 2 hours still and I could probably stretch out your feedings longer, but every time I offer to nurse you, you don’t turn it down.  You’ve become very interested in what we’re eating and drinking and if we have something in our hands, you’ll try to grab it.  The day you turned 6 months, you had you’re first solid food- sweet potatoes.  You liked them, but weren’t overly excited about eating.  You’re still trying to figure it out and that’s okay.  

You’ve started paying more attention to our dogs and cats this month and will try to grab the cats if they get close enough to you.  You have two birthmarks on your left thigh that I keep forgetting to mention in your monthly updates.  You love when I wash and rub lotion on your feet.  You’re not a fan of getting dressed and get impatient when it takes me longer to get you dressed.  You’ve become quite squirmy when I change your diaper now.

Logan, you are just the sweetest baby. I love the way you look up at me and the bond we have.  I’m so thankful you chose me to be your mommy.  You have blessed our family more than we could have ever imagined. I adore the heck out of you.

Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment