Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Second Appointment Update!

Today we had our second appointment with Dr. Norian for my saline ultrasound and mock transfer.... We got the best news possible for our situation!!  The mock transfer was first and all that's done is a small catheter is inserted through the cervix and into the uterus to see if there's anything in the way or if he needs to adjust things for the actual transfer.  The mock transfer went smoothly, with no complications. My cervix is positioned a little to the left, but that's not a big deal

The saline ultrasound was next and the catheter stayed in my uterus as saline filled it.  The saline was able to show if I have any fibroids or polyps.  And I don't!!  I am so relieved to know my oven is totally fine.  Dr. Norian did find a cyst on my right Fallopian tube, but said this won't interfere with the IVF. 

Yesterday Chris got his semen analysis results back and after today, we have definitely concluded we have male factor infertility.  The clinic seems to think we are still perfect candidates for IVF with ICSI since there isn't anything wrong with me. ICSI is where they take a sperm and actually insert it into an egg to fertilize it. ICSI is done when there is male factor because the sperm need some extra help.  

So, I should stop birth control around July 3rd, start injections on the 7th and do them for about a week and a half, do the egg retrieval around the 18th and the transfer of 1 or 2 healthy little embryos back into my uterus should be around July 23rd! We are so excited! 

Alissha 

Some point during the mock transfer 
My uterus is right above the green x, the two white lines is the lining 
Filling my uterus with saline. The white thing in the middle of the black blob is the catheter inside my uterus 
Perfect little uterus ready for a baby or two soon! 

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! Does this mean there is a chance for twins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if two embryos are transferred back.

      Delete
  2. So awesome!! I can't wait to celebrate this weekend! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete