Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Syringes, needles and meds oh my!

Today I received all of the medication I could possibly need for our IVF cycle. To say there's a lot is an understatement. There's pills, lozenges, vaginal suppositories (yuck), vials of medication, pre-filled syringes, patches and empty syringes and needles for us to draw up some of the medication ourselves. 



On Monday, July 7th, we have our next appointment where we will learn how to do the injections and draw up the medication ourselves at home.  When we were going through the IUI's last year, I had to do one injection in my belly that Chris gladly did for me about 36 hours before the procedure.  I'm not afraid of needles at all and I could have done it myself, but with everything I have to go through and do it's nice to give him something to be a part of.... In a weird way haha.  So if his work schedule permits, he will be the one injecting the medication in my belly every day.  If not, I'll have my dear friend Traci stabbing me ; ) 

On Monday I'll also have a baseline ultrasound done to check my ovaries and follicles before I start the medication. At our last appointment, I had four follicles on each ovary and the doctor was happy to see that many. I'm anxious to see how many more follicles my ovaries will produce after being on all this crazy medication. I've heard horror stories that your ovaries can swell to the size of softballs because there's so many follicles. No more Googleing. If all goes well on Monday, I'll start the medication that night and will be going in every few days for blood work and ultrasounds to check the progress of my follicles! 

Alissha


1 comment:

  1. I'll gladly stab you if I have too :) anything to get a baby in your belly!!!

    ReplyDelete