Friday, July 11, 2014

How it's been going....

I wanted to do a quick update with how things are going so far since our last appointment and starting the injections.  So Monday was our first night of injections and I felt fine for the most part on Tuesday. The only thing I noticed were little headaches that came and went. I felt good enough to go to the gym for an hour and walk on the treadmill (and elliptical for like 7 minutes).  After hearing it from everyone, I won't be going on the elliptical anymore. Promise! On Wednesday I had on and off again headaches, but nothing to where I needed Tylenol. After work I felt exhausted and could have gone to sleep, but went out to dinner with my friends Traci and Emily and their kiddos, followed by an exciting trip to Costco. 

Yesterday afternoon I thought I was going to fall asleep in the car as my coworker and I were out in the field. Thankfully she was driving so I got to relax. I got home from work at about 5:50, fed the dogs, showered and was asleep in bed by 6:20. I was EXHAUSTED. I slept until Chris woke me up when he came home at about 8:45pm. We did the injections, ate a snack and were back in bed by 10. 

The injections have been going well. I feel like a pin cushion lately with those and getting blood drawn everytime I have an appointment.  Chris is pretty much a pro at stabbing me and oddly enough, we both look forward to doing the injections every night.  I've just felt a little tender in the areas I get them, but so far no bruising, swelling or bloating has happened. 

At today's appointment, Dr. Norian checked my follicles and uterine lining. My lining still looked good, but it was on the thinner side. He said he'll keep monitoring it and eventually I'll have to start taking estrogen. The medications have a tendency to thin the lining, so that gets fixed with a little estrogen support. And thankfully that comes in pill form. My ovaries looked great. My follicles, which house my little eggs, are ranging from 12 mm to 6 mm and are growing right on track.  Dr. Norian said he likes to see 3-4 follicles measuring no less than 17 mm for the retrieval.  I had 8-9 follicles on each ovary, but my left ovary had the smaller ones. Looks like my right ovary is gonna be the superstar! 

On Sunday I'll be starting a 3rd injection called Ganirelix which is used to prevent early ovulation.  And with the extra injection comes an increase in Menopur. Instead of one vial of Menopur, I'll be doing two. Yayyyy for injections. My next appointment is on Monday at 11am and we should have a better idea some time next week when the egg retrieval will be. I'm guessing Saturday the 19th : ) 

And in case you're curious about the whole IVF process, here's a short video you can watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/eQQcrlMYbic

Alissha 

1 comment: