Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Almost time!

Our egg retrieval is officially scheduled for Friday morning at 6:30 am! We have to be in Pasadena by 5:30, which means we will have to leave our house around 4:00 am! Holy cow. I can't believe it's already time to do the retrieval. Everything has happened so quickly and a lot faster then I ever imagined. When we started talking about IVF, we said we would be happy if we started the process by the end of the year. Now were in July and getting ready to do the retrieval in less than 48 hours!

My follicles are looking beautiful and measuring just as they should. My lining still looks amazing and my estrogen levels are rising on track.  I no longer have to do my 3 injections, but tonight I have to do the HcG trigger shot at 7:30pm to induce ovulation. This shot has to be done precisely at 7:30, otherwise it'll throw the retrieval off. Tomorrow I'll start an oral antibiotic to reduce the chance of infection and then I'll start progesterone suppositories (gross) and estrogen after the retrieval. 

On Friday they will tell us how many eggs were retrieved and then on Saturday the nurse will call us and let us know how many were fertilized. We won't know how many embryos will be transferred until the day of transfer, which should be next Wednesday! 

Please pray that the retrieval goes smoothly and we have lots of mature eggs that will get fertilized! 

Alissha 

Right in the middle is my uterus, with a nice lining waiting for an embryo or two to nestle in! 
All the black holes are my follicles in my ovary 
My ovaries feel like a busted can of Pillsbury biscuits. I can't wait for Dr. Norian to retrieve all the eggs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment