Friday, July 25, 2014

2dp5dt



I'm officially 2 days post our 5 day transfer, hence 2dp5dt - Fertility lingo ; ) It's been exactly 48 hours since our transfer and the embryos should be nestling into my uterus. On the day of the transfer, they should have started to hatch out of their outer layer and been on their way to implant into their home for the next 9 months. Yes, we all hatched at some point! Over the last 3 1/2 years I've learned enough about reproductive medicine and how conception works to probably teach a Fertility 101 course! 

The day of the transfer, I was super bloated and uncomfortable. A lot of that has to do with adjusting to the medication though. I regret taking the Tylenol with Codeine the day of the retrieval because that really jacked up my already sensitive digestive tract. So, if you can get through the pain with some Extra Strength Tylenol I would totally encourage you to do that. You'll be much more comfortable.  I was crampy on and off most of the day, but didn't need to take any Tylenol. Cramps were similar to what you get before you start your period. Just kinda achey and annoying. I spent all day on the couch or in bed, with my legs elevated. I drank a ton of water, made dozens of trips to the bathroom and let Chris take care of me- which was really hard for me to let him do. If I did anything other than go to the restroom he would tell me to stop and go lay back down. 

The first day after transfer I continued to stay in bed or on the couch allllll day. Chris had to work, so little ol poor me had to actually get my own lunch and dinner. We had leftovers, so all I had to do was heat it up. That and feeding our crazy dogs was all the excitement I got. I slept from about 12-4, which helped some of the time pass. The cramps continued off and on about half of the day, but went away. The bloating has also gone away! Hallelujah. I don't look 5 months pregnant anymore! 

Today, I'm feeling really good. I'm trying so hard to not think everything going on with my body is a possible symptom. The progesterone I'm on can give you similar symptoms to that of early pregnancy, so it's been hard. My lower back has been achy since the day of the transfer and things are going on with the girls up top, that with all honestly started before the transfer and retrieval. Other than that, nothing else is going on.  

Chris and I have been talking to my belly and encouraging the embryos to nestle in. He kisses my belly and tells them good morning and good night. All positive vibes for our little embryos! Last night I had a dream we were in the hospital because I was in labor.  The male nurse, who wasn't even dressed in scrubs, was showing me around the room and how I was supposed to shower after delivery- which was ass end into the shower and squatting down- ha! While he was showing me around there was an earthquake that seemed to last awhile, but it was just a little shaker.  Next thing I knew we had a baby boy.  I don't remember delivering him, he just spontaneously appeared and was  wrapped up in a blanket on a hard plastic chair.  I remember I was upset the baby wasn't brought right onto my chest after delivery.  Chris was so calm during the whole thing. That's the first baby dream I've had in awhile and is this the beginning of crazy pregnancy dreams?? Sheesh. 

Alissha 

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I can't wait to talk to your belly because auntie Traci is going to be the favorite of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete