Friday, July 18, 2014

Egg Retrieval!

This morning we woke up at 3:30 and were out the door by 4:10.  We had to be in Pasadena at the surgery site by 5:30 and we arrived around 5:20. Shortly after we arrived, I was called back to pre-op where I changed in to a fancy blue gown, non-slip socks and put my hair back in a cap. During this time, Chris did his part and provided his sample to make this miracle happen! 

At about 6:00, they walked me into the procedure room where I layed down on the bed and was hooked up to an IV and given fluids and Tylenol. At about 6:20, the anesthesiologist came in and gave me the good stuff that knocked me out within a matter of seconds. It was amazing. The last thing I remember was Dr. Norian coming into the room and telling me they were going to take good care of me. Out like a light. 

Next thing I remember was waking up in the procedure room and tears rolling down my face, which is pretty common for me after coming out of anesthesia. They wheeled me into the recovery area, the same as the pre-op area, and Chris was able to come back a few minutes later.  Dr. Norian came in and told us they retrieved 13 eggs. He was pleased with this number and said some of my follicles didn't have any eggs in the fluid, which is pretty normal. 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bummed I only had 13 eggs. I really thought I would have about 18, but all is good! Lucky 13! And we only need one to look amazing! Tomorrow we'll get a phone call with how many of the 13 were mature enough to fertilize and how many actually fertilized. Dr. Norian is anticipating the embryo transfer being on Wednesday. 

I'm feeling pretty good after the retrieval, just a little crampy. I can take my Tylenol with Codeine around 12 to relieve any pain and I'm not gonna do anything today other than relax with my heating pad. Tonight I'll start my lovely progesterone suppositories and then tomorrow I'll start estrogen supplements. No more needles!!! And by the way, the HcG trigger shot I did on Wednesday was no joke! My belly is so freaking sore and tender at the injection site. I'm so glad that was a one time deal! 

That's all for now, as soon as we get our phone call tomorrow I'll update everyone! 

Alissha 

On our way : D
In recovery, looking a hot damn mess. Yes, my eyes are open lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment