Monday, August 4, 2014

Yes, I am PREGNANT!

Today and this weekend have been an emotional roller coaster to say the least.  After my crazy emotional day on Thursday, I felt totally fine on Friday.  I went about my day just as if nothing had happened the day prior and was positive.  My husband called me in the afternoon to share he got a phone call from the Captain at his station and he was finally going to be joining the SWAT team! We were over the moon and so ecstatic!  He has been wanting to join the team for several years and has been so patient with everything.  I told him since he got good news on Friday, I wanted good news too so I wanted to take an early pregnancy test on Saturday morning.  He really wanted me to wait until Sunday, but I refused.  Friday night, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up two different pregnancy tests- First Response and ClearBlue Digital.

I woke up Saturday morning around 4:30 cause I had to pee, but knew it was too early to wake Chris up since he got home from work around 2 am.  I went to the bathroom and went back to bed for 2 hours.  At 6:30 I woke up again cause I had to go pee.  I decided it was late enough and I didn't want to wait any longer.  I went into the bathroom, got a First Response test and nervously took the test.  I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest as I was taking it.  I set it down and there was nothing, just the test line.  I shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself it was just too early.  I brushed my teeth, looked down at the test and this is what I saw.....


Two lines.  Two lines that I have never seen before in my life! I was speechless.  I went into the bedroom and kneeled down to Chris.  I shrugged him a little and said, "Chris" his reply "Huh? what?" I said, "You're going to be a daddy."  He immediately smiled and said, "I told you.  I told you, you were pregnant." We layed together, cried and couldn't believe it.  Chris of course couldn't fall back asleep, so he got up.  After about 30 minutes, I had to go to the bathroom again.  I decided to take the digital ClearBlue test for good measure and this is what came up.....


Seeing the word 'Pregnant' really hit us.  Reality set in.  This worked.  We were beside ourselves.  We made sure to call my mom, dad, Chris' parents and our siblings first to tell them the news.  Everyone was so excited to hear the news.  We told a few friends over the next day or so and trust me, it was SO hard not to post anything, but we really wanted to get complete confirmation from the doctor.

On Sunday, I took another test.  Of course.  The compulsive person in me couldn't resist.  After all, I did have 2 more First Response tests and 1 more ClearBlue test.  The test still showed two lines, although the pregnant line was still the same shade of pink.  No lighter, no darker.  I figured I would test in the afternoon too, just to see if anything had changed.  Nope. Still the same color.  I figured I just got a bad batch of tests with poor dye and since I still had two lines, I was still pregnant.

So this morning, I woke up, got ready and wasn't going to test.  I was going to wait for the blood results.  About 30 minutes before I left to take the blood test, I took the last ClearBlue digital.  Still said Pregnant.  Amazing.  I went to the lab, had my blood drawn and went about my day.... anxiously awaiting the phone call.  I didn't go to work because I wanted to be with Chris when we got the results.

At about 3:00 pm, Dr. Norian called me.  He told me I was "definitely pregnant, but your numbers were a little on the lower side."  By numbers, he means the number for the pregnancy hormone, HcG.  He told me my number was 31.  My heart sunk.  He told me implantation has definitely occurred and my progesterone and estrogen numbers came back perfect- which are so important to sustain a pregnancy.  I asked Dr. Norian where he likes to see the numbers at this point (I'm 12 days past transfer and technically 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant) and he said somewhere between 80 and 100.  He advised me to continue taking my medication as directed and he wanted me to get my blood drawn again later this week to make sure the numbers are rising.

After I got off the phone with Dr. Norian, I cried. I KNOW i'm pregnant.  I can feel it.  I know there is a baby or two in there.  I know this.  But, I cried because the number is lower than expected.  I had set myself up to hear a number in the hundreds or higher and was completely disappointed.  Yes, it is just a number.  Yes, I'm still pregnant.  The number just has to keep progressing and doubling every 36 hours.  Everyone is different and my baby(s) is/are just being stubborn.  I am hoping and praying they implanted late and are taking their sweet time nuzzling into my uterus.  I am trying my best to stay positive.  Everything is out of my control and Chris' control.  We have done everything we can to make this successful.  Now the baby's have to do their part and we have to trust that God will take care of the rest.

We are beyond thankful for everyone's support and prayers.  Please continue praying for us that the blood test on Thursday comes back amazing and we can breathe a little easier knowing that our little one(s) is/are taking after their stubborn momma!

Alissha

No comments:

Post a Comment