Tuesday, July 11, 2017

7 Week Bumpdate

*Originally written on June 26, 2017*

How far along? 7 weeks
Baby is the size of a: blueberry.
Total weight gain: I think a couple of pounds, I feel like I'm always eating. 
Stretch marks? No. 
Maternity clothes? No, but I see them in my near future. 
Sleep: Sleep is about the same as last week. I'm waking up multiple times to go pee or the dogs wake me up to go outside and then I realize I have to pee 😑
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby on the ultrasound! 
Miss anything? The gym. Hoping to be back at it this coming week. 
Food cravings: Nothing yet, appetite is still off a bit but I have noticed I'm eating healthier things than I did when I was pregnant with Caleb. When I was pregnant with Caleb, I wanted anything that was a carb and spicy/sour foods. I'm eating a lot of fruit and veggies this go around and not too much carbs. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, but I have started feeling off in the mornings and have to eat breakfast right away whereas I could usually wait to eat breakfast with Caleb at 9:30. 
Gender: Too early to know, but I'd love another boy.
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a very long time! 
Symptoms: Crazy dreams, still bloated, boobs ache on and off, fatigue at random times throughout the day, I'm exhausted about every other day, had one intense dizzy spell this week, random lower backache (mostly if I'm picking Caleb up a lot or getting him in and out of the car seat).  HUNGRY, I could eat a meal and then two hours later I'm hungry again and I have to eat every couple of hours or I start to feel like my blood sugar is low.
Belly button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Moooooody!
Looking forward to: Telling my brother in law and his wife this week and then my first OB appt on July 7th! 


We had our very first ultrasound on June 22nd at our fertility clinic. I was so insanely nervous the week leading up to our appointment and still taking pregnancy tests every other day.  I ordered a pack of cheap Wondfo's from Amazon back in February, so I figured when those were all gone I'd stop.  I SHOULD have stopped testing the moment I got a strong positive because every time I would take a test, I'd critique it and think the line was getting lighter. I was driving myself crazy and causing unnecessary stress on myself.  I took my last test on June 20th and felt so relieved they were all gone. 

Our ultrasound revealed we have one healthy baby that was measuring two days ahead, 6 weeks 5 days, with a heartbeat of 122 beats per minute.  Our fertility doctor said the baby looked great and was positioned high in my uterus.  The yolk sac looked good and so did my uterus.  It was amazing seeing the baby and it was such a huge relief.  All week I was preparing myself for the worst because it's honestly so hard to believe still.  Going through infertility and then getting pregnant on our own was/is such a miracle that it felt too good to be true.  But, this baby was meant to be here and we are so very grateful we have been blessed with this amazing baby.  

My first OB appointment is scheduled for July 7th (Caleb's birthday) and I'll be 8 weeks 4 days according to my last period. We're hoping for another ultrasound to reassure us (ME) so we can confidently share the news with everyone at Caleb's 2nd birthday party on the 8th. We're so excited to tell everyone we're expecting a baby!

Alissha

No comments:

Post a Comment