Tuesday, July 11, 2017

9 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 9 weeks
Baby is the size of a: medium green olive, about an inch long.
Total weight gain: at my doctor's appt Friday, I was only up about a pound and a half. 
Stretch marks? No. 
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants/shorts sound amazing, but they still don't fit well.  My regular jeans are uncomfortable to wear though and if I do wear them, they have to remain unbuttoned. 
Sleep: Still waking up once or twice a night to go pee, having a difficult time falling back asleep after the second time. 
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby at my first OB appt and telling everyone at Caleb's 2nd birthday party! 
Miss anything? My appetite 
Food cravings: Nothing crazy.... things have sounded good to eat but I wouldn't say I NEED it right now. I just need food in general and feel like I'm constantly eating. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, but I have felt a little nauseous a few times. I'll eat something and then the minute I'm done eating it, the thought of eating more of it makes me feel nauseous. 
Gender: I'm convinced baby is a girl. 
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a very long time! 
Symptoms: Still bloated the moment I eat something, my boobs ache on and off, my nipples are very sensitive, breaking out in random places like my neck, hungry but still no appetite, lower backache but I think that's contributed more to not going pee right when I have the urge. I tend to hold it till the very last minute and I think that's causing my kidneys to give me a lower backache. 
Belly button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Still gonna go with moody!
Looking forward to: Hearing the baby's heartbeat on our home doppler. 

We got to see our baby again on July 7th! Baby looked great and was measuring a day ahead at 8 weeks 5 days with a heartbeat of 185bpm.  My due date is still February 12, 2018 and my next appointment is on August 4th. 

The day of Caleb's birthday party, we had Caleb wear his 'Co-Pilot coming soon' shirt to see when people would notice.  I also had pictures from his 2nd birthday photo shoot on the tables that he was wearing the same shirt in.  The first person to notice was Chris' cousin Anna when she saw the picture.  I think once one person saw the pictures/Caleb wearing the shirt the word spread and soon everyone knew we were expecting baby #2. It also confirmed some of Chris' side of the family's suspicion that we were expecting because apparently he wrote in his cousins guest book "Love, Chris, Alissha, Caleb and Baby Benson #2" I should have proof read what he wrote, but didn't even think twice about it.  

Needless to say, everyone is excited and happy for us and we're happy everyone knows and it's not a secret any more! We're still praying for a healthy baby and healthy pregnancy. Each milestone we reach seems like a small victory and the closer we get to reaching the end of the 1st trimester makes me feel a little more at ease. 

Alissha 

2 comments:

  1. Hello and congrats on your natural pregnancy! I just found your blog and am wondering if you'd be willing to connect to share your experience with Dr. Norian. I am considering his practice for my second ivf. Thank you! Alisha S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Feel free to e-mail me any questions you have: alissha.benson@gmail.com

      Delete