Wednesday, January 24, 2018

37 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 37 weeks! 
Baby is the size of a: winter melon. Somewhere between 19 and 22 inches long and obviously over 6.3 lbs by now. 
Total weight gain: 28.5lbs
Stretch marks? The ones on my sides have gotten dark pink, but I know they’ll fade with time.  
Maternity clothes? All the time or leggings/workout pants. 
Sleep: Sleep is hit and miss; I’ve been having a hard time falling back asleep after getting up to go pee. 
Best moment this week: Getting things situated and organized for Logan’s arrival.  He can pretty much arrive any day now, but I really want him to stay put until at least 38 weeks.  The longer he’s in, the less likely we’ll need to stay in the hospital longer when he’s born.  
Miss anything? Solid sleep- which I know I won’t see again for quite some time! And still missing that beer or glass of wine.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week. 
Gender: BOY!! 
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks have picked up this week and I can tell Logan is sitting low because I’ll get sharp shooting pains in my cervix and down my leg; which is a good sign since that’ll help my cervix dilate and thing our. 
Symptoms:  Heartburn is back this week and hits me at the most random times; in the middle of the night or just after drinking water.  He’s still moving a ton, I’m peeing all the time, my joints are still swollen and I have very mild swelling in my feet which is NOTHING compared to the swelling I experienced with Caleb.  Leg/foot cramps are also happening daily and my boobs are starting to ache and be more sore on a consistent basis. Exhaustion hits me really quickly and I’ve tried to do my best and relax when I can.
Belly button in or out? It’s pretty much out all the time.  
Wedding rings on or off: My actual wedding rings are off because my joints and knuckles are swollen, so now I’m wearing my Qalo (silicone) wedding ring.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and emotional at random times.
Looking forward to: the big day and meeting Logan.  

I had an NST and OB appointment at exactly 37 weeks.  I had a few mild contractions during the NST that I didn’t even feel.  The nurse told me they would expect to see some uterine activity at this point in pregnancy and it’s a good sign.  My fluid still looks great.  My belly is measuring right at 37 weeks and my Group B Strep test came back negative which means I won’t need to be hooked up to IV antibiotics when I go into the hospital.  Thank God! We’re just playing the waiting game and hoping he stays put for a little longer!

Alissha

No comments:

Post a Comment