Monday, April 13, 2015

27 weeks

How far along? 27 weeks! 
Baby is the size of a: Rutabaga.  Still about 15 inches long and 2.5 pounds. 
Total weight gain: About 19 pounds. 
Stretch marks? Just the one on my boob. Drinking a ton of water and layering up with lotions to try and prevent them as long as possible. 
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants all day, err day. And maxi skirts. 
Sleep: This week I've been consistently getting up twice a night to go to the bathroom. Usually around 12 am and 5 am. Other than that, sleep has been pretty decent. 
Best moment this week: Passing my glucose test! The normal range is between 70 and 139 and my results were 77. Pass me the cake, ice cream and cookies! Juuuust kidding! The glucose test really wasn't that bad. I just felt so exhausted while waiting for my blood to be drawn and afterwards. 
Miss anything? Nothing I can think of....
Food cravings: Nothing this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! 
Gender: BOY!!!!! 
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a very long time! 
Symptoms: This week I've been congested and just plain tired.  I still can't eat that much for dinner without getting full quickly and I'm still getting that sore/tender spot to the left of my belly button in the afternoons/evenings which I'm pretty sure is a result of Caleb pushing out and laying on a specific area for too long. 
Belly button in or out?  In.  Still hasn't popped out yet. 
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody this week.... 
Looking forward to: Seeing Whitney Cummings at The Improv Sunday night! Can't wait for a good laugh. 

So this week I've been pretty annoyed with people's comments related to what I should and shouldn't be doing since I'm pregnant. Apparently when you're pregnant it's a free for all for others to give unsolicited advice and suggestions and it's really freaking annoying. From being told not to lift a folding chair that weighs less than 5 pounds, not reach higher than my head and my favorite of all.... A co worker telling me I shouldn't have eaten a piece of cake and a cookie because it has no nutritional value to me or the baby and it's just empty calories. Seriously? I'm pregnant, not disabled. I lift way more than 5 pounds at the gym and if I want to eat a damn cookie and piece of cake, I'm going to. Obviously I know it's not the best thing for me, but I rarely eat sweets and eat healthy the majority of the time. So, needless to say I have been pretty snappy with people who feel the need to tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing. Thanks, but no thanks for your advice! 

Alissha  

No comments:

Post a Comment