Sunday, March 8, 2015

22 weeks!


How far along? 22 weeks! Beginning my 6 month of pregnancy.... Holy moly!
Baby is the size of a: Depending on what app I look at, he's either the size  of an eggplant, papaya or spaghetti squash. About 11.5 inches long and 1 whole pound!
Total weight gain: So before my doctor's appointment on Monday, I weighed myself at home to see how accurate my scale was compared to the doctor's and it was within a few ounces. Based on my weight Monday, I've gained almost 15 pounds! Buuuut according to my scale today, I've gained almost 13 pounds. I'm trying not to obsess over how much weight I'm gaining, but I really don't want to gain more than needed for a healthy pregnancy. 
Stretch marks? Just the one on my boob!
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants all day, err day. And maxi skirts. 
Sleep: Pretty much the same! Some nights I only get up once to go pee and other nights I get up about four times. 
Best moment this week: Feeling his movements get stronger has been the best. It's unlike anything else and there are no words to describe how amazing it feels. Puts a smile on my face every time he gives me a good punch/kick.
Miss anything? Not this week.
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary..... 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! 
Gender: BOY!!!!! 
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a very long time! 
Symptoms: Random heartburn after the most random things or for no reason at all, still pretty gassy and hungry all the time. Along with occasional lower back aches, I've gotten a sharp pain going down my left butt every now and then. I think it's my sciatic nerve. Annoying little headaches have started too. They're not bad enough to take a Tylenol, but they just stick around. 
Belly button in or out?  In. I've noticed my belly button is getting more shallow though.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy when I'm not at work. Can't wait for maternity leave....
Looking forward to: Our fetal echocardiogram tomorrow morning. Any time we get to see him is amazing and this may be the last time we get to see him before he's born! 

The nursery is still a work in progress. Not quite ready for the furniture, but hopefully some time this week! 

Alissha  

No comments:

Post a Comment