Sunday, March 22, 2015

24 weeks!


How far along? 24 weeks! 
Baby is the size of a: Cantaloupe and as long as an ear of corn!
Total weight gain: 15 pounds?
Stretch marks? Just the one on my boob. My skin has been so itchy lately and it's really hard not to scratch my belly and boobs, so I've just been lathering with lotions/gel oil and trying my best not scratch so I don't cause more stretch marks. 
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants all day, err day. And maxi skirts. 
Sleep: Pretty much the same! Some nights I only get up once to go pee and other nights I get up about four times. 
Best moment this week: We got our baby shower invites picked out,  they're super cute and perfect for a July due date! We're having a co-ed shower and I really don't like the term baby shower cause I don't want a typical baby shower where a bunch of women sit around and play games, win prizes, eat and act entertained. Our plan is to have family and friends get together to BBQ, drink and celebrate little Caleb. Just have a good time! 
Miss anything? Not this week.
Food cravings: Cereal and Baker's bean and cheese burritos with red sauce have been my main cravings during this pregnancy. Hungry or need a little snack in the middle of the night? Just grab a bowl/cup of cereal and I'm good to go. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! 
Gender: BOY!!!!! 
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a very long time! 
Symptoms: This week the heartburn, which I think is more acid reflux, hasn't been as bad, but I'm still chewing Tums regularly. I'm still burpy, gassy and hungry all the time. I experienced my first hip pain/aches this week, my skin is getting suuuuuper itchy and I'm having occasional constipation. Yay. Another thing I've noticed is the hair on my legs seems to be growing slower. 
Belly button in or out?  In.  It's definitely getting more shallow though.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Both..... and slightly emotional. 
Looking forward to: lots of things! Decorating the nursery, my mom and step-dad visiting early April, our shower and taking our maternity pictures in May. We got in touch with our wedding photographer, who also did our engagement pictures and a senior session for my cousin, and I think we have a set location and day for our maternity pictures! 

We're also going to be signing up for birth classes and a breastfeeding class with our hospital and taking a tour of the hospital so we know where to go and what to do when little man decides he's ready! He's still kicking and punching a ton. This week I've actually noticed and felt him rolling and turning positions. And he doesn't seem to be kicking inward as much, fingers crossed it stays that way! 

Alissha  

No comments:

Post a Comment